Sunday, October 28, 2012

1. The topic for the week was online gaming communities. The tool that we used that related to this topic was dungeon blitz. It was an online game that allowed users to interact and make choices based off of what they did or said. Dungeon blitz relates to the topic of the week because it does all of the things that online games should do. It allows people to either talk or chat with other players. People can create groups in the game and play throughout it with each other.

2. The function that dungeon blitz serves is to allow people to interact in different ways than usual. Online gaming is an ever increasing trend and people really enjoy it. Dungeon Blitz offers this to people. It allows players to work together to solve quests and missions while allowing players to chat with each other about it.

3. While i was playing dungeon blitz i found that it was really addicting, which is not a good thing for me. I started playing and then i looked at the clock and two hours had passed. There really isn't much to the game other than solving quests and then solving some more quests, but it really does a good job of keeping the players entertained and engaged. This is what I found most interesting about the tool of the week.

4. Because the controls and concept of dungeon blitz were so simple and easy to understand, I really didn't find anything about the game to be too difficult. My main problem with the game would probably have to be the currency system. If I wanted to buy a pet of some new armor I needed a ridiculous amount of in-game currency. To solve this problem dungeon blitz would allow players to buy currency with real money. This is something that I found very annoying about the game.

5. I think that dungeon blitz help improve communication. It allows people to interact in ways that are different from normal. I think that people really enjoy playing these kinds of games. It lets users act like teammates and work together. Also, dungeon blitz is integrated into Facebook and twitter so people's friends can know how they are doing in the game and even join in on their adventure.

6. I had a really great time playing dungeon blitz. I really am not that big of a gamer, but after playing this game my opinions on it have changed significantly. I can definitely see myself playing this game a lot more even though we won;t be talking about in class anymore.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about how this game is addicting. I found the hours fly by as I played this game. I agree that this helps users communicate better. It allows users to see each other's levels and gives a goal to communicating. Unlike Second Life, this allowed users/friends to go on quests and reach objectives to complete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree the game was a little one the easier side but I've played a lot of games that are similar in way so I thought it was just because of that experience it was easier. I agree with you about the currency though,I don't care for games that make you spend real money to gain in game money cause it seems like a waste to me. The game is rather addicting though I agree because it can be played so quickly and it doesn't take long just to get through a single dungeon compared to other games I've played that are similar where you have to play almost 4 hours just to beat one dungeon.

    ReplyDelete